Sunday, October 3, 2010

Featuring...the Ambassadorial Scholars of Mexico City!

This past Saturday, all four of the Mexico City Ambassadorial Scholars attended the District's Seminar on the Activities of the Rotary Foundation.  We learned about local fundraising goals, District projects around Polio Plus, how to apply for matching grants, among other interesting things.  We each had the opportunity to present ourselves to the group of about 150.  I am happy to report that I easily and enthusiatically presented in Spanish. I wasn't nervous or at a loss for words.  I felt good about my connection with the group. 

We also had the distinct honor of being there with two Past-Rotary International Presidents, Luis Vincente Giay of Argentina (who obviously quickly became my Argentine buddy) and Frank Devlyn of our very own Mexico City.

Here are some pics!

Ernesto Ibarra (Chair, Amb Scholars Committee), Billy Blaustein (Scholar from San Fran), Yours Truly, Jose Luis Martinez Larios (District Governor), Rebecca Watts (Scholar from North Carolina), Luis Vicente Giay (1996-97 Rotary International President), Manolo Herrero (Regional Foundation Chair)

So excited - I now have an official Host Counselor, Susy de Leon of the Jardines de Pedregal Club. She is fantastic.  I had lunch with her and her son, Augostine on Saturday after the seminar.

Frank Devlyn (2000-01 RI President), little ol' me, Billy, Robert (from Kentucky...love the bow tie!), Rebecca and Luis Vicente Giay (Past RI Pres)

Los Becarios del DF! 

Vanessa with her new Porteno buddy, RI Past President Luis Vicente Giay

Hey yall!  We got the 2011 Super Bowl in Arlington!  You can crash at my place.





1 comment:

  1. You look good cuñada, your new look from DF is soo professional:)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete