Thursday, October 28, 2010

I will take the Women and Children Only Metro Train Car from now on...

On Wednesday, I had a frightening moment while taking the Metro to a Rotary club meeting downtown.  It was during rush hour and I was exiting the train car, when a group of men rushed the doors, trying to get in before everyone had exited.  I was caught in between the door and the mob of men.  I literally thought I would be afixiated any moment.  I was being pushed and crushed between several large, forceful men, when Thank God, some nice men in front of me pulled me out.  I almost lost my bag in the process, but they got it for me.  I cannot believe how crazy the people got just to get into the train car.  I am grateful that I am not hurt and, from now on, will take the Women and Children Only train cars at the front of each train!  I think the important lesson is that all experiences teach us something and should help us grow, rather than create fear or paralysis.  I will continue to take the metro, but will be more cautious and take the Women's car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment