Monday, October 18, 2010

Mixing Germans and Mexicans

On Tuesday, October 12th, I enjoyed attending a concert hosted by the Club Rotario Polanco.  The musicians consited of a group of very talented 14-20 year-olds from Germany.  They played Phantom of the Opera and music from Forrest Gump, and ended the evening with Mexican National Anthem.  Following the concert, we had the opportunity to mingle with other Rotarians and guests, and I had the distinct pleasure of meeting the German Ambassador to Mexico and the Director of Hospital Angeles Lomas, where the concert was held.  The concert was very far from where I live, in a beautiful hilly area of the city.  I rode with my Host Rotary Counselor, Susy, and with traffic it took us about 2 hours to get there!  Fortunately on the return trip (at midnight), it only took us an hour.  This city is extremely large and spread out.

No comments:

Post a Comment