Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ingreso o Egreso?

Today was my last day of class - yes, that was fast!  9 days and 36 hours of Math later...I did well on the basic Algebra --actually got a 9.2 on my exam last week - which is equivalent to an A!  However, yesterday's exam with word problems, absolute value and solving for inequalities was another story.

Accounting is great. My professor is amazing and so kind. She gave me her accounting text in English - so helpful!  Here are some examples of the vocab differences in (Financial) Accounting/Contabilidad:

Activo: Asset
Pasivo: Liability
Gasto: Expense
Venta: Sale
Deudores: Debtors
Acreedores: Creditors
Cargar: to debit (an account)
Abonar: to credit (a account)
Almacen: warehouse

some words I translated and was still at a loss...amortization, surrender value... but know I understand them.

Final exams are Monday. fortunately we have the next three week-days to study since we have time off for Mexico's Bicentenial (Sept 16th).  I have to pass them as part of the program.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment