Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MBA Orientation at ITAM

Today I attended a very nice breakfast orientation for the ITAM full-time MBA program.  We have 28 students in my class - half of which are women!  The average age is 28 years old and the average amount of work experience is 5 years.  The program director is also a woman - la Maestra Gabriela Alvarado.  All the students are from Mexico.  They are great...a few are pictured below with me on the graduate school campus: Adolfo, Maria Jose, and Veronica. 

The graduate school campus is small with only a few 3-story buildings, constructed in 1991. The entire campus is completely walled-in; there are two entrances - one through the parking garage and one gated entrance for pedestrian traffic.  The architecture is fairly modern style - very open, lots of light coming in through sky lights and open air patios and doorways (because the weather is so nice year-round).  The buildings are surrounded by trees, gardens and benches.  It feels pretty zen - at least for now!

I start my intense pre-recs in Math and Accounting next week and then my first quarter begins the end of September. I will be taking: Business Statistics, Maketing Management, Financial Accounting, Leadership and Change Management, and Economics.  I am very much looking forward to being a full-time graduate student!

mnegocios.itam.mx


1 comment:

  1. Wow Vanessa! What a wonderful way to keep up with what you are doing and learning in Mexico! I am thrilled you are keeping a blog. I look forward to reading more! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete